What a great trip! Kelley and I did a lot of shopping, eating, and walking. The highlights? Here are a few:
- A walking tour around Ground Zero, including the Fire Station immediately across the street. The work is coming along. Last time I was there, the site was a scene of devastation. Now it looks like a massive construction site. Plans of the new memorial are plastered on walls. Looks like it will be beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing this unfold.
- After our Ground Zero tour, we walked over to the ferry stop that looked across the water at Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. An inspiring vista. We already have plans to visit both in the near future.
- We walked from the ferry to Greenwich Village and Soho for some massive window shopping and some excellent pastries, pizza, etc.
- Saturday evening was a quick bite to eat and then “The 39 Steps” at the Helen Hays Theater. I would strongly recommend this play to any fans of either Hitchcock or Monty Python. Somehow, this play captured the essence of both. Hilarious play, brilliant performances.
- Sunday was a leisurely breakfast, then a walk up to the Museum of Modern Art on West 53rd. This is one of my favorite museums in the world. There was an amazing exhibit on the origins of punk, filled with audio and video memorabilia, none of which I’d ever seen before. Remarkable.
Can’t wait ’til our next visit…